Thursday 8 November 2012

SG15-J02 Japanese Corporate Troops (bare headed)

 More Japanese Corporate Troops, this time without their helmets.  Other than that they're identical to those in pack SG15-J01.


I think that the bare heads add a huge amount of character to these models.  I particularly like the squad leader shouting orders


I've used exactly the same base colour scheme as the previous set.  After discussions with Jon Tuffley I've given them white headbands with a red circle in the middle to add to the Japanese feel.  I don't know if that would have any particular meaning in Japan but it looks OK anyway!


I'm especially impressed by the fact that these are 8 unique models, Jon has given each a different head rather than just doing 1 variation on each of the 5 basic figure types.


As you'd expect, these figures mix in well with the helmeted troopers.


 Tomorrow I hope to post the kneeling/prone Japanese troops - stay tuned!

7 comments:

  1. These are again very nice the bandanas are great. I think in WW2 it was the symbol of a kamikaze. though don't quote me on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it was. I have a vague memory of someone saying that white is the colour of death in Japan, but it wasn't someone that I'd categorize as being a very reliable source!

      Delete
  2. I liked the first set but I LOVE these. Full of character! Great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I prefer them to the ones with helmets.

      Delete
  3. Now these I don't have, and they look great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great Paul! I don't think Jon has any pictures of these on his site that can be easily seen, so thanks for posting the photos of the painted articles-fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer these bare heads to the helmeted ones- great painting!

    ReplyDelete